Even small flaws in teeth can affect your appearance. A chip on the bottom of a tooth or a small gap between your front teeth may not affect your oral health, but these imperfections can certainly make you feel a little self-conscious. Veneers, a type of dental restoration offered by your La Grange, IL, dentists, Dr. Carolyn Bronke and Dr. Vivian Castellanos, hide flaws, improving your smile.
What veneers can do for your smile
Veneers are designed to conceal the most visible imperfections. The thin, tooth-shaped shells are cemented to the fronts of teeth, keeping flaws out of sight. Veneers look just like tooth enamel because they're made with porcelain or plastic, two materials that closely resemble enamel. The restorations can be tinted to match any tooth shade, making them a particularly versatile cosmetic option.
Veneers may be a good choice for you if you have any of these issues with your teeth:
- You have minor tooth damage: Chips and cracks can occur due to wear and tear. If the damage is minimal and doesn't affect the health or structural integrity of your teeth, veneers offer a simple way to conceal damage.
- Your tooth is rough: Covering a bumpy or uneven tooth surface with a veneer smooths the tooth and improves the uniformity of your smile.
- You have an unusually shaped tooth: When you have a tooth that just doesn't look like it belongs in your mouth, a veneer can help. Veneers make crooked or twisted teeth look straight and can improve the shape of any tooth.
- Your tooth is too short: Veneers also lengthen teeth that are a little too short.
- You have a discolored tooth: Discoloration can occur due to childhood use of the antibiotic tetracycline, tooth damage or shadows cast by large silver fillings. During your visit to the La Grange dental office, your dentist will choose a veneer shade that matches the color of nearby teeth.
- You have a gap between your teeth: Veneers close slight gaps between teeth. (Orthodontic treatment may be a better option for larger gaps.)
- You want a movie star white smile: Most actors and actresses don't come by their bright white smiles naturally. In fact, many of them rely on veneers to keep their teeth white. Veneers are stain-resistant and last for 10 to 15 years or longer.
Makeover your smile with veneers! Call your dentists in La Grange, IL, Dr. Carolyn Bronke and Dr. Vivian Castellanos, at (708) 354-1335 to schedule your appointment.