You can have a healthy, natural-looking smile with dental fillings. In addition to treating cavities, fillings can be used for cosmetic improvements. Your dentists office, which is located in La Grange, IL, offers a complete range of dental services to the patients they serve. Dr. Carolyn Bronke and Dr. Vivian Castellanos are some of the best dentists in La Grange, IL. Read on to find out how fillings can help restore your smile.
1. Dental fillings are used to treat decay. Tooth decay can be a problem for children, teenagers, and adults. Tooth decay is the destruction of the hard, outer surface layer of your teeth. Dental fillings restore teeth that have become damaged as a result of decay. Fillings are made of various materials, such as porcelain, composite resin, or dental amalgam that is a combination of several materials.
2. Fillings are used to fix broken teeth. Fracturing a tooth is a common phenomenon. A sports injury or biting something hard can cause a tooth to fracture. Fillings are used to repair chipped and cracked teeth. Fillings are also used to repair worn-down teeth. Some of the factors that can lead to worn-down teeth are brushing aggressively, eating foods that have a high acid content, and tooth grinding. Dental fillings are less likely to wear down than tooth enamel.
3. Fillings are used to fix worn-down teeth. Your teeth are made from tough stuff. But bad habits, injuries, and health conditions can lead to wear and tear. Some of the factors that can lead to worn-down teeth are tooth grinding, brushing aggressively, and eating acidic foods. Dental fillings are durable and can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
4. Dental fillings can strengthen your teeth. With dental fillings, you can have a smile that's strong and beautiful. Dental fillings are incredibly strong and will restore full function of your damaged or weak teeth. They're strong enough to withstand biting and chewing forces. With dental fillings, you will be able to eat whatever you want in comfort and with confidence.
5. Dental fillings can enhance your smile. Without a doubt, one of the great advantages of cosmetic dental fillings is that they're nearly invisible. Cosmetic fillings are made of a plastic and ceramic compound. Because resin mimics the appearance of real teeth, these fillings blend right in. Unlike amalgam (silver) fillings, cosmetic fillings won’t be noticeable when you smile.
If you need dental fillings, why wait? We can help you today. Call your dentists in La Grange, IL, at (708) 354-1335 right now to schedule a dental consultation. We want all of our patients to have strong, healthy smiles that look great, too. You will experience exemplary service and state-of-the-art care!