Posts for tag: Oral Care Routine
No matter what your age, your oral care routine should always be at the top of your daily list of things to do. If you have a tendency to skip your toothbrush or miss flossing, you should consider the benefits of a consistent oral care routine. Dr. Carolyn Bronke and Dr. Vivian Castellanos are dentists in La Grange, IL, and they can help you develop and maintain a good oral care routine—read on to learn more.
What are the Steps to Good Oral Hygiene?
- Daily brushing is essential: You should brush your teeth, not once, but twice each day in the morning and evening if you really want to take good care of your teeth. Brushing removes bacteria and plaque from your teeth/gums and eliminates bad breath in the process. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and an ADA-recommended fluoride toothpaste. Replace your brush at least every three months.
- Flossing matters: Even though brushing cleans the surface of your teeth, food particles can remain trapped between your teeth even after two minutes of brushing. Flossing will remove this food from the areas that your brush doesn’t reach. You should floss at least once each day between all teeth.
- Rinse with mouthwash: After you’re done brushing and flossing, swishing with mouthwash for about 40 seconds will eliminate any remaining bacteria and leave your breath extra fresh.
- Clean your tongue: The most common cause of bad breath is a build-up of bacteria on your tongue. The best way to eliminate this is to gently brush the upper surface of your tongue after you’ve brushed your teeth.
- Visit your dentist: Don’t wait until you have tooth pain—preventive dental care is important. You should visit your dentist every six months to prevent dental issues from arising. If you’re in the La Grange area, pay us a visit at Carolyn Bronke Wind and Associates to discuss your daily oral hygiene habits and any other dental concerns you may have.
A confident smile begins with a good oral care routine. If you’re looking for a dentist in La Grange, call Dr. Wind or Dr. Castellanos at (708) 354-1335.