Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
At the first-ever Players Weekend in August 2017, Major League Baseball players wore jerseys with their nicknames on the back. One player — Cleveland Indians shortstop, Francisco Lindor — picked the perfect moniker to express his cheerful, fun-loving nature: “Mr. Smile.” And Lindor gave fans plenty to smile about when he belted a 2-run homer into the stands while wearing his new jersey!
Lindor has explained that he believes smiling is an important part of connecting with fans and teammates alike: “I’ve never been a fan of the guy that makes a great play and then acts like he’s done it 10,000 times — smile, man! We’ve got to enjoy the game.”
We think Lindor is right: Smiling is a great way to generate good will. And it feels great too… as long as you have a smile that’s healthy, and that looks as good as you want it to. But what if you don’t? Here are some things we can do at the dental office to help you enjoy smiling again:
Routine Professional Cleanings & Exams. This is a great place to start on the road toward a healthy, beautiful smile. Even if you are conscientious about brushing and flossing at home, you won’t be able to remove all of the disease-causing dental plaque that can hide beneath the gum line, especially if it has hardened into tartar, but we can do it easily in the office. Then, after a thorough dental exam, we can identify any problems that may be affecting your ability to smile freely, such as tooth decay, gum disease, or cosmetic dental issues.
Cosmetic Dental Treatments. If your oral health is good but your smile is not as bright as you’d like it to be, we can discuss a number of cosmetic dental treatments that can help. These range from conservative procedures such as professional teeth whitening and bonding to more dramatic procedures like porcelain veneers or crowns.
Tooth Replacement. Many people hide their smiles because they are embarrassed by a gap from a missing tooth. That’s a shame, because there are several excellent tooth-replacement options in a variety of price ranges. These include partial and full dentures, bridgework, and dental implants. So don’t let a missing tooth stop you from being Mr. (or Ms.) Smile!
If you’d like more information about oral health or cosmetic dentistry, please contact us or schedule an appointment for a consultation. You can also learn more by reading the Dear Doctor magazine articles “Beautiful Smiles by Design” and “The Impact of a Smile Makeover.”
That Hollywood smile could be yours. Porcelain veneers can improve your smile instantly. Porcelain veneers are thin coverings that are placed over the front part of the teeth. They can be made for one or more teeth. Dr. Carolyn Bronke and Dr. Josephine Puleo in La Grange, IL offer a complete range of dental services, including veneers. Here are five benefits of porcelain veneers.
1. Correct Dental Issues- Porcelain veneers have become very popular due to their versatility. These porcelain shells can treat many cosmetic dental problems at the same time. They are routinely used to fix worn-down, chipped, gapped, crooked, or slightly misaligned teeth. Veneers fit over the teeth changing their shape, length, and size.
2. Beautify Your Smile- Porcelain veneers can help you love your smile again. Bad teeth can affect your self-esteem and cause you embarrassment. Low self-esteem can reduce the quality of a person’s life in many different ways. Porcelain veneers can improve your smile. A beautiful smile will boost your self-esteem and self-confidence, which carries into the many different aspects of your life.
3. Strengthen Your Teeth- Porcelain veneers are incredibly strong and durable. Even though they're made with thin dental porcelain, this material is stable, sturdy and long-lasting. Porcelain veneers can strengthen and protect your damaged or weakened teeth from further damage.
4. Whiten Your Smile- Porcelain veneers can give you a bright, white smile. These porcelain shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color. People who have dark teeth, or whose teeth are resistant to teeth bleaching treatments, can benefit from porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers can make even the darkest teeth appear white.
5. Look Years Younger- Veneers can make you look younger instantly. That's why it's such a popular procedure among Hollywood stars. Research shows that our teeth play an important role in defining how old we look. As we age, our teeth age as well. If your teeth are stained, chipped, or worn down, you will look older. An attractive smile will take years off your appearance. Consult with a dentist in La Grange, IL, to find out if veneers are right for you.
Take the first step towards that smile you have always wanted. Call our dental office at 708-354-1335 today to schedule a dental consultation in La Grange, IL. Veneers have helped millions of people improve their appearance, boosting their self-esteem and enhancing their lives. And they can do the same for you!
The most romantic holiday of the year, Valentine’s Day is celebrated each February 14th. It’s a time when many look forward to giving (and receiving) cards, flowers, and other tokens of love. On special days like this, it’s natural to want to look your best—and many surveys rank a person’s smile as his or her most noticeable (and appealing) physical feature. But what if you are unsatisfied with your smile?
Don’t worry! Today, cosmetic dentistry can resolve smile problems as never before. Here are some popular and effective dental treatments that can quickly brighten up your smile.
In just one visit, dull or stained teeth can often be lightened by up to 10 shades! How? We use special bleaching solutions that are applied safely, under our careful supervision, in the dental office. You can’t use these concentrated solutions at home. But if you‘re not in a rush, we can prepare custom-made take-home bleaching trays and whiteners that are safe for home use. The same results can be achieved, but the process may take weeks instead of hours. After months or years, depending on lifestyle factors (like whether you smoke or drink coffee, red wine, etc.) your teeth can have whitening treatment again.
Small chips, cracks, or other minor irregularities can be quite noticeable in an otherwise flawless smile. Fortunately, these problems can often be resolved with a treatment called cosmetic bonding. In a relatively simple in-office procedure, we can apply tooth-colored bonding material to restore teeth to better appearance. Layers of high-tech bonding material are built up and cured with a special light to form a tough, natural-looking tooth surface. Bonding isn’t as long-lasting as some other types of restoration, like veneers or crowns, but it’s an easy and inexpensive way to resolve some smile problems.
Professional In-Office Cleaning
Remember that feeling you get after your regular checkup? Your mouth feels squeaky-clean, your breath is fresh and you’re ready to show that sparkly smile. So why wait until your next routine appointment? You can schedule a hygiene visit any time. We will remove plaque from your teeth, check your gums for signs of periodontal (gum) disease, and make sure you’re on track for good oral health. If any problems are found, we’ll take care of them right away. And if you have questions about cosmetic procedures, it’s the perfect time to ask. A professional cleaning can help your smile look (and feel) great.
If you have questions about brightening up your smile, please contact our office or schedule a consultation. You can learn more in the Dear Doctor magazine articles “Artistic Repair of Front Teeth with Composite Resin” and “Important Teeth Whitening Questions Answered.”
Veneers are helpful in improving a patient’s smile in terms of alignment, shape or color. If you feel that your teeth may need an improvement in any of these categories then veneers may be for you. Veneers can offer you a natural looking, improved smile. Dr. Carolyn Bronke and Dr. Josephine Puleo in La Grange, IL can examine your teeth and decide whether or not you are a viable candidate for this beneficial cosmetic dentistry procedure.
More about Veneers in La Grange
Veneers are thin coverings that are attached directly to the front of the teeth. They are made of a strong porcelain material that substitutes for natural tooth enamel. After these veneers are bonded directly to the teeth, they create an improved smile that doesn't stain as easily. This is because this material doesn't stain like natural tooth enamel does. Dental porcelain is strong and translucent, making it a durable dental procedure for patients of all ages. Advancements in dental technology has made it so that veneers can be made so thin that they look natural and fit in with the rest of your smile.
A thin layer of the natural tooth enamel needs to be removed in order to make the new surface and to make it look natural. Veneers can be made in a variety of shades. They also can make slight alignment corrections or gap issues. A model of a patient’s teeth is taken to be sent to a dental lab. Wax veneers are used to show the patient their veneers and for a dentist to make corrections. These veneers after being cemented into the mouth must be cared for as the natural teeth are. To schedule an appointment to discuss what veneers can do for you with our La Grange, IL dentist and to determine if they’re a good fit for you, call 708-354-1335.
Magician Michel Grandinetti can levitate a 500-pound motorcycle, melt into a 7-foot-tall wall of solid steel, and make borrowed rings vanish and reappear baked inside bread. Yet the master illusionist admits to being in awe of the magic that dentists perform when it comes to transforming smiles. In fact, he told an interviewer that it’s “way more important magic than walking through a steel wall because you’re affecting people’s health… people’s confidence, and you’re really allowing people to… feel good about themselves.”
Michael speaks from experience. As a teenager, his own smile was enhanced through orthodontic treatment. Considering the career path he chose for himself — performing for multitudes both live and on TV — he calls wearing an orthodontic device (braces) to align his crooked teeth “life-changing.” He relies on his welcoming, slightly mischievous smile to welcome audiences and make the initial human connection.
A beautiful smile is definitely an asset regardless of whether you’re performing for thousands, passing another individual on a sidewalk or even, research suggests, interviewing for a job. Like Michael, however, some of us need a little help creating ours. If something about your teeth or gums is making you self-conscious and preventing you from smiling as broadly as you could be, we have plenty of solutions up our sleeve. Some of the most popular include:
- Tooth Whitening. Professional whitening in the dental office achieves faster results than doing it yourself at home, but either approach can noticeably brighten your smile.
- Bonding. A tooth-colored composite resin can be bonded to a tooth to replace missing tooth structure, such a chip.
- Veneers. This is a hard, thin shell of tooth-colored material bonded to the front surface of a tooth to change its color, shape, size and/or length; mask dental imperfections like stains, cracks, or chips, and compensating for excessive gum tissue.
- Crowns. Sometimes too much of a tooth is lost due to decay or trauma to support a veneer. Instead, capping it with a natural-looking porcelain crown can achieve the same types of improvements. A crown covers the entire tooth replacing more of its natural structure than a veneer does.
If you would like more information about ways in which you can transform your smile, please contact us or schedule an appointment for a consultation. You can also learn more about the techniques mentioned above by reading the Dear Doctor magazine articles “Teeth Whitening,” “Repairing Chipped Teeth,” and “Porcelain Crowns & Veneers.”