Posts for tag: veneers
What's an actor's most important feature? According to Vivica A. Fox, whose most recent big-screen role was in Independence Day: Resurgence, it's what you see right up front.
"On screen, your smile and your eyes are the most inviting things that bring the audience in" she said. "Especially if you play the hot chick."
But like lots of people, Vivica reached a point where she felt her smile needed a little help in order to look its best. That's when she turned to a popular cosmetic dental treatment.
"I got veneers years ago," Ms. Fox told Dear Doctor magazine in a recent interview, "just because I had some gapping that probably only I noticed."
What exactly are dental veneers? Essentially, they are thin shells of lustrous porcelain that are permanently attached to the front surfaces of the teeth. Tough, lifelike and stain-resistant, they can cover up a number of defects in your smile — including stains, chips, cracks, and even minor spacing irregularities like the ones Vivica had.
Veneers have become the treatment of choice for Hollywood celebs — and lots of regular folks too — for many reasons. Unlike some treatments that can take many months, it takes just a few appointments to have veneers placed on your teeth. Because they are custom made just for you, they allow you to decide how bright you want your smile to be: anywhere from a natural pearly hue to a brilliant "Hollywood white." Best of all, they are easy to maintain, and can last for many years with only routine care.
To place traditional veneers, it's necessary to prepare the tooth by removing a small amount (a millimeter or two) of its enamel surface. This keeps it from feeling too big — but it also means the treatment can't be reversed, so once you get veneers, you'll always have them. In certain situations, "no-prep" or minimal-prep veneers, which require little or no removal of tooth enamel, may be an option for some people.
Veneers aren't the only way to create a better smile: Teeth whitening, crowns or orthodontic work may also be an alternative. But for many, veneers are the preferred option. What does Vivica think of hers?
"I love my veneers!" she declared, noting that they have held up well for over a decade.
That Hollywood smile could be yours. Porcelain veneers can improve your smile instantly. Porcelain veneers are thin coverings that are placed over the front part of the teeth. They can be made for one or more teeth. Dr. Carolyn Bronke and Dr. Josephine Puleo in La Grange, IL offer a complete range of dental services, including veneers. Here are five benefits of porcelain veneers.
1. Correct Dental Issues- Porcelain veneers have become very popular due to their versatility. These porcelain shells can treat many cosmetic dental problems at the same time. They are routinely used to fix worn-down, chipped, gapped, crooked, or slightly misaligned teeth. Veneers fit over the teeth changing their shape, length, and size.
2. Beautify Your Smile- Porcelain veneers can help you love your smile again. Bad teeth can affect your self-esteem and cause you embarrassment. Low self-esteem can reduce the quality of a person’s life in many different ways. Porcelain veneers can improve your smile. A beautiful smile will boost your self-esteem and self-confidence, which carries into the many different aspects of your life.
3. Strengthen Your Teeth- Porcelain veneers are incredibly strong and durable. Even though they're made with thin dental porcelain, this material is stable, sturdy and long-lasting. Porcelain veneers can strengthen and protect your damaged or weakened teeth from further damage.
4. Whiten Your Smile- Porcelain veneers can give you a bright, white smile. These porcelain shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color. People who have dark teeth, or whose teeth are resistant to teeth bleaching treatments, can benefit from porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers can make even the darkest teeth appear white.
5. Look Years Younger- Veneers can make you look younger instantly. That's why it's such a popular procedure among Hollywood stars. Research shows that our teeth play an important role in defining how old we look. As we age, our teeth age as well. If your teeth are stained, chipped, or worn down, you will look older. An attractive smile will take years off your appearance. Consult with a dentist in La Grange, IL, to find out if veneers are right for you.
Take the first step towards that smile you have always wanted. Call our dental office at 708-354-1335 today to schedule a dental consultation in La Grange, IL. Veneers have helped millions of people improve their appearance, boosting their self-esteem and enhancing their lives. And they can do the same for you!
Veneers are helpful in improving a patient’s smile in terms of alignment, shape or color. If you feel that your teeth may need an improvement in any of these categories then veneers may be for you. Veneers can offer you a natural looking, improved smile. Dr. Carolyn Bronke and Dr. Josephine Puleo in La Grange, IL can examine your teeth and decide whether or not you are a viable candidate for this beneficial cosmetic dentistry procedure.
More about Veneers in La Grange
Veneers are thin coverings that are attached directly to the front of the teeth. They are made of a strong porcelain material that substitutes for natural tooth enamel. After these veneers are bonded directly to the teeth, they create an improved smile that doesn't stain as easily. This is because this material doesn't stain like natural tooth enamel does. Dental porcelain is strong and translucent, making it a durable dental procedure for patients of all ages. Advancements in dental technology has made it so that veneers can be made so thin that they look natural and fit in with the rest of your smile.
A thin layer of the natural tooth enamel needs to be removed in order to make the new surface and to make it look natural. Veneers can be made in a variety of shades. They also can make slight alignment corrections or gap issues. A model of a patient’s teeth is taken to be sent to a dental lab. Wax veneers are used to show the patient their veneers and for a dentist to make corrections. These veneers after being cemented into the mouth must be cared for as the natural teeth are. To schedule an appointment to discuss what veneers can do for you with our La Grange, IL dentist and to determine if they’re a good fit for you, call 708-354-1335.